– Thomas J. Fogarty, MD, Founder, FII
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
FounderDr. Fogarty is an internationally renowned cardiovascular surgeon and innovator, widely regarded as the preeminent inventor of medical technologies of his generation. He has dedicated his entire career to improving patient care and has acquired 135 medical patents for his revolutionary work. He has also been recognized by countless organizations for his contributions to medical science.
- Inventor of the balloon catheter used in more than 300,000 procedures worldwide per year, estimated to have saved the lives/limbs of 20M patients
- Named inventor on 135 surgical instrument patents
- Awarded 2000 Lemelsen-MIT Prize for Invention & Innovation
- Member of the National Inventors Hall-of-Fame
- Founder of more than 30 medical device companies
- Co-founder of Three Arch Partners venture capital firm
- Managing Partner of Emergent Medical Partners
NBC "Bay Area Proud:" Legendary Inventor Looks To Spur Innovation In Medicine.
Click here – As seen on NBC "Bay Area Proud:" Legendary Inventor Looks To Spur Innovation In Medicine.
Thomas Fogarty Winery
Thomas Fogarty Winery was founded in 1978 by inventor Dr. Thomas Fogarty and winemaker Michael Martella. Learn more at: http://www.fogartywinery.com/