– Frederick St. Goar, MD, Board Member, FII
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
ApplyWho should apply - basic eligibility criteria
- Medical device and medical technology start-up companies (not biotech) that can be described in one of the two following ways:
- Unfunded or modestly funded companies who need support building the technical and/or business validation needed to attract an initial round of financing (typically an "A-round")
- Moderately funded companies (perhaps $0.5M-$4M cash on hand) who will greatly benefit from the mentoring support they’ll receive at the Institute to accelerate the development of their technology
- Start-up companies with no more than 4 members in their team
- Innovators who are able to work fulltime at the Fogarty Institute’s facility in Mountain View, CA
- Innovators who will significantly benefit from the unique educational resources (e.g. mentoring and clinical access) provided by the Institute
- Innovators whose ideas address a major unmet clinical need, or provide an opportunity to significantly improve an existing treatment method
How to apply
Applicants meeting the basic eligibility criteria listed above are invited to submit an application for support that will be reviewed by the Fogarty Institute staff. Applicants not meeting the basic eligibility criteria will not be reviewed. Applicants must follow the application preparation instructions and use the application form available via download using the links provided below.
When to apply
The submission deadline for the next application review cycle is January 4, 2015 at 11:59PM PST. All eligible applications received before this deadline will be reviewed as a group, and selection decisions will be finalized 2-3 months after the deadline. Applications received after this deadline will be held for the next review cycle or discarded, at the discretion of the applicant.