Incubator Program Overview
Turning great ideas into great companies is hard work. In the medtech space this is especially true given the clinical, regulatory and reimbursement challenges that must also be overcome. At the Fogarty Institute we create an environment of learning and collaboration that helps medtech entrepreneurs realize their vision of commercializing innovations that improve healthcare delivery to patients worldwide.
Size & Location
Our incubator program is located on the campus of El Camino Hospital in Mountain View, California. We typically incubate 10-15 companies at any given time.
Stage & Sector
We focus on seed stage projects, helping companies advance from product concept through to securing Series A funding. Our emphasis is on medical device and medical technology startups, therefore we do not currently accept pure biotech or pharmaceutical projects.
Upon joining our incubator program, companies receive office and lab space as well as access to an extensive education and mentoring program. Most companies also receive a cash investment.
What Sets us Apart
We believe the strength of our program lies in four key areas:
Who Should Apply
We’re looking for people with passion and commitment who want to make a difference. We also want people who appreciate the value of a shared learning environment and being part of something bigger than just themselves. If you meet these requirements and the additional details below, we encourage you to apply.
- Must be a legally formed company
- Must have a full-time CEO, and ideally others, committed to the project
- Must have a clearly defined product concept, preferably to initial prototype stage
- Concept must address a major unmet clinical or economic need or provide an opportunity to significantly improve an existing treatment method
- Some or all of the team must be willing to work full-time at the Institute’s facility in Mountain View, California
- Willingness to participate in the broader educational programs and experiences offered by the Institute (e.g. Summer internship program, Ferolyn fellows, FDA fellowship, etc.)